Some Stuff About Me ......

I live in Harrogate, North Yorkshire with my wonderful wife and soul-mate Helen. I have two incredible sons - Evan and Matthew - who are occasionally show up at home, usually when they're hungry or need money. The three of them are the best thing that ever happened to me and I love them all. I spent over 24 years in the Royal Navy, but since I packed it all in and got a proper job my life has gone from strength to strength and I've never looked back. I am a die-hard soul music fan, but my heart truly belongs in the fells of Northern England, it's what I was made for. Please read about my adventures and experiences ....

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Running on Empty

Since getting back from our last weekend in the Lakes, I have been focussing on cross-training (cycling, swimming) chiefly because I have my first triathlon in a few weeks and don't want to look an arse. Have really been cracking on and, for the first time in years, have been doing some sort of training every day. For instance, swim session Friday, long bike session Saturday, 10-mile run Sunday, medium bike session Monday, interval training with club tonight.


I am exhausted and eating everything that is not nailed down or foolish enough to stop moving for more than two seconds.  I'm going to keep at it - maybe with a rest day thrown in at some point - but taper back for supporting my friend Dave's BGR attempt on the 17th June.  Really looking forward to it.

No comments: