Some Stuff About Me ......

I live in Harrogate, North Yorkshire with my wonderful wife and soul-mate Helen. I have two incredible sons - Evan and Matthew - who are occasionally show up at home, usually when they're hungry or need money. The three of them are the best thing that ever happened to me and I love them all. I spent over 24 years in the Royal Navy, but since I packed it all in and got a proper job my life has gone from strength to strength and I've never looked back. I am a die-hard soul music fan, but my heart truly belongs in the fells of Northern England, it's what I was made for. Please read about my adventures and experiences ....

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Johnny Mae Mathews

Have today off work and as usual, am not producing much. On these occasions I'm given to messing around the house listening to my beloved soul music, usually played very loud! When people see my modest collection, I'm usually asked if I have a favourite ... a difficult question, as there are multiple genres of soul and they're all mood-dependent. If I was forced into a decision, this one would be up there near the top of the list. It's incredibly rare and worth a lot of moolah, just to hear it at all is really a privilege. it has tremendous depth and real soul, I have no doubt that Johnny Mae means every word. It hits the spot, give it a try and see if you can feel it.


No comments: