Some Stuff About Me ......

I live in Harrogate, North Yorkshire with my wonderful wife and soul-mate Helen. I have two incredible sons - Evan and Matthew - who are occasionally show up at home, usually when they're hungry or need money. The three of them are the best thing that ever happened to me and I love them all. I spent over 24 years in the Royal Navy, but since I packed it all in and got a proper job my life has gone from strength to strength and I've never looked back. I am a die-hard soul music fan, but my heart truly belongs in the fells of Northern England, it's what I was made for. Please read about my adventures and experiences ....

Saturday 6 August 2011

A Busy Little Bee ...

Both boys round to dinner last night, a rare enough event nowadays, so I decided to cook one of my infamous chicken and chickpea curries. All was going well, a bottle of shiraz was aiding the process and I was on course for a very nice, tasty offering until I temporarily lost control of my senses and decided to add a small dash of Dave's Insanity Sauce, a bottle of which I keep chained up in the back of the fridge (I expect most blokes do). Problem was, my "small dash" was more of a dollop, truth be told. The result was a curry that warranted an entry on the periodic table, as it almost certainly was possesed of a nuclear half-life. Gulp. All I can say is that everyone ate it!

Swimming in Ripon lake this morning, loads of weed ... God knows where that came from, appreciably worse than on triathlon day and I confess that at one point I was getting a bit fed up with it, I know I dragged enough of it back to shore with me.

Shopping in Ripon afterward, which I hated. Home, decided to do some painting - a particular door frame that has been waiting for at least a year - then laid a much-needed coat of polish on the hallway floor.

Massage on sore leg afterwards, the problem is a very tight vastus medialis - one of the quadricep muscles - that has been taking a bit of hammer lately with all these trips to the Lakes. It make it seem like my knee is sore, but it's just the area around it. Eva Braun's little sister got really stuck into and I confess that it was agony .... I hope it will stand the rigours of tomorrow's Round Hill fell race. We will see

No comments: