Some Stuff About Me ......

I live in Harrogate, North Yorkshire with my wonderful wife and soul-mate Helen. I have two incredible sons - Evan and Matthew - who are occasionally show up at home, usually when they're hungry or need money. The three of them are the best thing that ever happened to me and I love them all. I spent over 24 years in the Royal Navy, but since I packed it all in and got a proper job my life has gone from strength to strength and I've never looked back. I am a die-hard soul music fan, but my heart truly belongs in the fells of Northern England, it's what I was made for. Please read about my adventures and experiences ....

Wednesday 28 July 2010

I've just been reading a friend's beautifully crafted blog and realised what a tremendously good outlet it can be. OK, given that the "Exile's View" appears to have survived the damn good ignoring I've been giving it, I think it's time to revive.

So what's been happening? Well, the most immediate thing to note is that I am at home, quite poorly, suffering the occasional tremor and with a high temperature. The earth is closing in around me and I believe the end is nigh. It's called a "Man Cold" for the uninitiated.

Work is awful. We've recently gone through a contract change and although it would appear that the next five years are now secure, it's also meant considerably more stress. I have another company further South chasing me and offering oodles more cash to take the job, however I don't feel tempted. I love my life here in Yorkshire and will never forget the circumstances that led me to where I am today. I don't want to mess it up, so although the moolah is very attractive and I have visions of Porsches in my most fanciful moments, I don't believe I'm going to do it. I'll just have to stick with it for the moment, crap or not.

Anyhow, we'll see just how much use I make of this resource. I know you're all dying to hear from me.

No comments: